Re: [coldsync-hackers] Two questions

Brian Johnson:
> I noticed that there are 15 category listings in the MailDB even though the
> Palm can't add new categories and was wondering how I can add a new category
> for the palm apps (besides, I want to be able to add categories for my memo
> condiut)

Any application supporting the standard AppInfo block has 16 categories.
Categories from different applications are completely independant from
each other.

> Also, I was wondering if there was a way to get the settings for the palm
> mail program like the signature and the preferences for syncing (ie unread
> only & message truncation settings)

The signature is in a "mail" resource in "Saved Preferences.prc".
The others are in the AppInfo of MailDB.pdb. Please man Palm::Mail,
and probably have a peek at the sources of this module. It's pretty
straightforward.

Helge