Re: [coldsync-hackers] Re: Problem respawning coldsync daemon

On Tue, 2002-02-26 at 20:22, Alessandro Zummo wrote:

> You setup seems ok. Try to add a little delay just after the completition
> ofthe hotsync process with something like this:
>
> #!/bin/bash
>
> coldsync etc etc...
>
> sleep 3s
>
> IMHO the problem is that the second coldsync is trying to read using
> the connection the first one has just ended.
>
> Let me know if it worked for you. Then we might try to handle
> this in coldsync itself.

Ok, gave that a go (actually I slept first then called coldsync).  That
fixed the problem so I believe your probably right about the read bit.
I will also have a look at the code, but that won't happen until the
weekend and as I don't know my way around it, it may take me some time.

BTW: log files -dsync:5 -dmisc:5 didn't reveal anything useful.

Cheers,
	Andrew

--
Dr Andrew Bainbridge-Smith