RE: [coldsync-hackers] Re: Redux: Netsync + [X]inetd

>	I don't remember whether Netsync uses the ports in /etc/services
>just to initiate the sync, or for the data transfer as well. If it's the
>latter, then obviously you can't have multiple simultaneous netsyncs,
>because, well, the line is busy.
>	OTOH, most such services just use the well known port to get the
>server's attention, then switch to a different port for the actual
>session. If this is the case, then you can trivially support multiple
>connections.
>	Try using "nowait" instead of "wait" in your /etc/inetd.conf. If
>it works, that's a dancer.

I'm using RedHat Linux 7.2.  This system uses xinetd instead of inetd (it's
supposed to be a little more secure).

It also uses mulitple config files (one for each service)

I just tried all the combinations of the xinetd wait option and the
coldsync -md option and none of them worked

Maybe I'm doing something else wrong, but I suspect it's like Alex Tronin
says and Coldsync won't cooperate with xinetd

I thought I had netcat working, but now I have problems and can't get that
working either