Re: [coldsync-hackers] New fetchmail conduit?

begin  Feb 13, 2002 at 11:04:37AM -0500, Brian Johnson:
> I need to figure out how to write to the mbox file on the server during the
> dump conduit (after getting info from the PDB after the sync - email's
> deleted or read on the Palm).  I'm looking into using Mail::Folder - but so
> far I haven't been able to install it (I keep getting dependecies that I
> have to iron out)

	I wouldn't bother, personally. Mailbox format is exceedingly
simple: just a "From " line, a bunch of header lines (with some simple
sanity-checking), a blank line, and the body of the message. Hardly
worth installing a new module.
	You may want to use the "Status:" header to record whether the
message has been read or not.

	By the way, when you respond to an email message, could you
please not quote the entire message that you're responding to? It
wastes bandwidth. And quoting the original message at the bottom makes
it hard to follow the thread of the conversation.

--
Andrew Arensburger                      This message *does* represent the
arensb@ooblick.com                      views of ooblick.com