Re: [coldsync-hackers] Variables in Coldsync.conf

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 09:21:33AM -0500, Andrew Arensburger wrote:
> 	I'd kind of hoped that setuid() would set some environment
> variables, but no such luck, apparently.

Nope. Even worse: They retain the old environment. exec-stuff
does the enviroment replacement/copying.

> 	It should be reasonably easy to do this, though. IMO the best
> place to do this is in src/conduit.c, just after it figures out the
> path to the conduit executable, and just before it calls execv(). At
> that point, the relevant information is already in the global variable
> 'userinfo'.

A minimal setup of USER and HOME is done by most daemons,
because they acquire this data anyway (getpwuid(3)/getpwnam(3)).

So just as another agreement here ;-)

Regards

Ingo Oeser
--
Science is what we can tell a computer. Art is everything else. --- D.E.Knuth
              http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/