[coldsync-hackers] Variables in Coldsync.conf

I would like to set up Coldsync for a number of users without using multiple
.coldsyncrc files

I was wondering if there was a way to use variables in the coldsync.conf
file to simplify this

In particular, I would like to use a ~/ type directory for locations for
conduits to dump info (ie for memo-text) but this gives me errors.  I also
tried $(HOME)/ but that didn't work either

I would also like to use it for the pda definition blocks directory option
(ie directory: "~/.palm";) but this also gives me errors