Re: [coldsync-hackers] Re: <<NewBie>>coldsync 2.2.5 with kernel2.4.16

> Looks like it. Can't coldsync sync with a password in place?

	Nope, as discovered by myself back in June.

	http://hcirisc.cs.binghamton.edu/pipermail/pilot-unix/2001-July/004238.html

	We have some ideas about this and some designs in place, but nothing
publically implemented yet, until I hear back from a few attorney friends of
mine.

	Incidentally, all serial PalmOS devices must use the 'simple' or
'USB' protocol if they are running OS4.1 or later (flashed or purchased in
that fashion). Palm took it upon themselves to change the protocol layering
on serial, thus cleanly breaking all previous devices and applications from
working unless the new USB hacks have been put into place.

	I flashed my Vx with OS4.1, and the serial port will just randomly
stay open, and not do anything beyond a connect. Plug in my Kyocera, it
works 10 times out of 10.  Plug in the Vx again, instant hang after connect
(similar to a non-updated USB sync). Reflashed the Vx to 4.0 or earlier, and
it works 10 times out of 10.

	Thanks go to Palm once again for this lovely unannounced,
undocumented "feature" they burdoned their users and developers with.

/d