Re: [coldsync-hackers] FreeBSD 4.4 and USB palm m505 issues.

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 09:51:25PM -0500, Romain Komorn wrote:
> You were right, so I tried ugen0 instead. After hitting the hotsync button
> on my cradle and running:
>
> baked% coldsync -t usb -p /dev/ugen0 -mI
>
> I get the following:
>
> Please press the HotSync button.
> pconn_usb_open: Warning: Unexpected USB vendor ID 0x830.
> usb read: Input/output error
> slp_read: read: Input/output error
> Error during cmp_read: (1) Error in system call or library function.
> Error: Can't connect to Palm.

	Yeah, and if you look carefully, I bet you'll find that the
"usb read: Input/output error" message occurred at the same time that
the Palm timed out and closed the connection. The bottom line is that
right now, PalmOS 3.5 + USB + non-Linux doesn't work.

--
Andrew Arensburger                      This message *does* represent the
arensb@ooblick.com                      views of ooblick.com