Re: [coldsync-hackers] Limiting slowsync to one database...

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 12:39:03AM +0100, Johan Van den Brande wrote:
> When I slowsync, everything is fine, but when reverting to fastsync the
> PDB is structured
> in a strange way ... Possibly because the position of a record has a
> meaning in the PDB.

	Ewww, yuck!

> It should not pose a problem if I can force colsync into a coldsync only
> for the
> PDB's that have this problem ...
>
> Any ideas?

	For starters, you can have the regular sync ignore this
database: add something like the following to your .coldsyncrc:

	conduit sync {
		type: CCCC/TTTT;
	}

where "CCCC" is the database creator, and "TTTT" is its type. You can
get this information from 'pdbdump'.
	With this conduit{} block, the database won't get synced, but
neither will it get messed up further.
	Now you can look into writing a conduit that will sync this
database without messing it up.

	Other than that, you can RTFS and see if this problem is
easily fixed. Look at GenericConduit::FastSync() and/or libpdb. As a
rule, ColdSync assumes that the order of records is immaterial, and so
it uses pdb_AppendRecord() because it's simpler than
pdb_InsertRecord(). You may want to see if how hard it is to have
GenericConduit::FastSync() preserve the order of records.

--
Andrew Arensburger                      This message *does* represent the
arensb@ooblick.com                      views of ooblick.com