Re: [coldsync-hackers] Vindigo

On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 07:35:22PM -0600, John Cater wrote:
> Is there anyway to use coldsync to sync Vindigo with its server?  I've
>> managed
> to install the program itself (ran the installer in windows, copied ov
>>er the
> .prc and .pdb files), but I can't get it to sync with the main Vindigo
>> server.
> (I tried using malsync and got weird errors.  I suspect I didn't have
>>anything
> set up right.)
>
> Are there any current projects to write a coldsync conduit to do this?
>>  Is this
> even feasible?  Does anyone even use Vindigo?  And if they do, can the
>>y tell me
> how? :)

	This is the first I've heard of Vindigo, so all I can say is
that no one has mentioned anything about it.
	You mention Malsync, but as far as I know, Malsync only deals
with AvantGo databases. From what I can tell from www.vindigo.com,
Vindigo is something completely different.
	So unless someone else pipes up, I'm afraid you're on your
own. You can, of course, write a standalone utility that fetches data
from Vindigo's central database. If you do this, it should then be
relatively straightforward to turn this utility into a ColdSync
conduit. In fact, if you can persuade this standalone utility to write
a PDB file, then you can simply run it as a cron job, and have
ColdSync's generic conduit take care of uploading the relevant data.

--
Andrew Arensburger                      This message *does* represent the
arensb@ooblick.com                      views of ooblick.com