[coldsync-hackers] ACK Timeout

Hi all,

I just got my Visor this afternoon, replacing my old Palm III. I have
kernel 2.4.9 on RedHat 6.2, using the USB visor driver, and all seemed to
be going well.

I can initialise, backup, restore and sync the various databases in the
palm.

However, when I try to install something (eg Wordsmith), I get:

Please press the HotSync button.
Uploading "/home/candrews/downloads/palm/wordsmith/WSPalm/WordSmith.prc"
ACK Timeout. Attempting to resend.
<snip>
	Repeated many times
</snip>
ACK Timeout. Attempting to resend.
ACK Timeout. Attempting to resend.
##### Expected XID 0x06, got 0x05.
##### Expected XID 0x07, got 0x05.
Error: Couldn't write sync log.
##### Expected XID 0x08, got 0x05.
Error: Error during DlpEndOfSync: (10) (null).

and thats it.

I have found that some older versions suffered from this, but not the
newer ones.

Any help would be appreciated,

thanks

Craig