Re: [coldsync-hackers] HotSync on pressing HotSync button on Visor

On Sat, Jul 07, 2001 at 06:03:40PM -0400, Andrew Arensburger wrote:
> 	This sounds a bit like FreeBSD's 'usbd', which runs commands
> when USB devices are inserted or removed.

No, under Linux the usbmgr does this. /sbin/hotplug does it for
ALL subsystems (including, pci, net, isapnp etc.).

It's really just a hack, what _I_ did, but I trust my few lines
of shell more than such manager apps ;-)

> If so, you should be able to
> use daemon mode with "-md".
> 	Try
>
> 	$CS_PATH/coldsync -s -t serial -md /dev/ttyUSB0

Thanks! The documentation was misleading here. I read it like
you could only use it for network syncs or sth. like that.

But this works well and solved the problem, that the Visor
doesn't support serial numbers for identification. Many thanks!

But one big problem arises: The conduits are not working, because
you don't provide a full Shell-Environment there.

What about doing the equivalent of "su -l $USER" to show no
difference between "coldsync -ms" and "coldsync -md" ?

That would help. If this is not what you want, please document
this kind of limitations on conduits.

Regards

Ingo Oeser
--
Use ReiserFS to get a faster fsck and Ext2 to fsck slowly and gently.