Re: [coldsync-hackers] syncing newly created addres.pdb withaddressbook

On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Ralf F . Salzgeber wrote:
> so to do what I want seems to be to write a conduit which dumps an
> AddressDB from the Palm modifies it appropriately (e.g. Palm::Address...)
> and fetches it back into the handheld. AM I correct here? Is there some
> code (fragment maybe) out there to show me how to do this - my perl is only
> a couple of days old :-)

	You don't need to download the entire AddressDB from the Palm: you
just need the AppInfo block. But yes, that's right.
	Take a look at "conduits/std-categories" (I think) from the
ColdSync distribution. That was my attempt to sync categories before I
decided it was too hard.

--
Andrew Arensburger                      Actually, these _do_ represent the
arensb@ooblick.com                      opinions of ooblick.com!