Re: [coldsync-hackers] coldsync install and perl

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 12:14:56AM -0400, Andrew Arensburger wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 11:47:27PM -0400, Matt Cashner wrote:
> > On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Andrew Arensburger wrote:
> > > 	If the ACK timeouts are merely intermittent, then I'm going to
> > > blame the Linux serial driver.
> >
> > my thoughts too (not like i know anything). in previous versions i got
> > copius acks but you fixed that (applause). these seem to be rather
> > intermittent. so we had a &> /dev/null and all is well :)
>
> 	Actually, if someone can confirm that the Linux serial driver
> drops characters, that'd be great. I believe one of the authors hangs
> out on this list.

Actually, I'm the Linux USB Visor driver author, not the serial driver
author (unless Ted Tso is on this list, I haven't seen him here before.)

And no, I don't think the visor driver drops characters.  At least not
now that I've fixed the bugs a few kernel versions ago :)
There are no outstanding issues that I know of.  The debug logs that you
sent me once didn't point out anything that I could figure out, sorry.

greg k-h