Re: [coldsync-hackers] coldsync install and perl

>  	If you're talking about the fact that 'make install' installs
>  in /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/ColdSync.pm rather than
>  /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503/ColdSync.pm, that's a feature, not a bug.

No, this is a bug. Coldsync puts the Perl modules in the wrong place. Each time
I have installed Coldsync, I have had to manually move the .pm files to the
correct location in order for Perl to find them.

My Perl modules are in

/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/ColdSync.pm

Coldsync consistently puts them in

/usr/local/lib/site_perl/ColdSync.pm

Perl does not know to look there.

MakeMaker knows where to put stuff, so there's no need to specify where to put
modules. It will just put them in the right place if you let it.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
Director of Application Development - The Creative Group