Re: [coldsync-hackers] visor edge/usb/freebsd 4.3-RC problems

I am having the same problem with my Visor Edge.  I have tried all the
same things that you have tried.  Unfortunately I have had no better
luck than you at solving the problem (and only limited time to work
on it right now).  I finally broken down and ordered a serial docking
station from Handspring for my Visor Edge.  I should have it in a couple
of days.  I can only hope that it works better than with the USB one.

Bob

On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 11:43:30PM -0400, Ilya wrote:
> Hi. Ive been trying for 3 days now to get my visor edge to sync with coldsync through USB in FreeBSD 4.3-RC. I am getting this error:
> usb read: Input/output error
> slp_read: read: Input/output error
> Error during cmp_read: (1) Error in system call or library function.
> Error: Can't connect to Palm.
>

> i get same exact error in both on 1.4.6 from ports and on latest 2.1.0 from the web
> iIf anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! thx
> (on win2k on same laptop everything works)
>

> Here is some info about my configuration:
> listen usb {
>         device: /dev/ugen0;
> }
>
> pda {
>         snum: "*Visor*-G";
>         username: "Ilya";
>         directory: "/home/ilya/.palm";
> #        userid: 1078;
> }
>
> the snum, username and userid were suggested once by running coldsync -d sync:4. It also for some reason complained about userid saying it is 1000 and sthat usedif in config should be set to 1078.
> in kernel I have :
> device          uhci            # UHCI PCI->USB interface
> device          ohci            # OHCI PCI->USB interface
> device          usb             # USB Bus (required)
> device          ugen            # Generic
>
> during boot i get:
> uhci0: <Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB controller> port 0xdce0-0xdcff irq 11 at de
> vice 7.2 on pci0
> usb0: <Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB controller> on uhci0
> usb0: USB revision 1.0
> uhub0: Intel UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
> uhub0: 2 ports with 2 removable, self powered
>
> when i run coldsync and it than press hotsync button this appears in console:
> ugen0: Handspring Inc Handspring Visor, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2
> and than it exists after colsync gives up with this message:
> ugen0: at uhub0 port 1 (addr 2) disconnected
> ugen0: detached
>

> here is *:5 log
> Allocated sync_config 0x8086060
> UID: 1000
> HOME: "/home/ilya"
> Reading "/home/ilya/.coldsyncrc"
> Found an empty statement
> Found keyword LISTEN
> Found keyword USB
> Found commtype: USB
> Found keyword DEVICE
> Lex: expecting state 2
> Found bareword string [/dev/ugen0]
> Listen: device [/dev/ugen0]
> Lex: expecting state 0
> Found a listen_directives
> Found a listen_block
> Found listen+listen_block:
>         Device: [/dev/ugen0]
>         Speed: [0]
> Found a listen_stmt (statement)
> Found a statement
> Found keyword PDA
> Lex: expecting state 2
> Lex: expecting state 0
> Found pda_block, no name
> Found keyword SNUM
> [...]

Bob Willcox             The reason we come up with new versions is not to
bob@vieo.com            fix bugs.  It's absolutely not.
Austin, TX                              -- Bill Gates