Re: [coldsync-hackers] Newbie question

Matt Cashner wrote:

>On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Vladimir Faizoulaev wrote:
>
> > 1. How can I synchronize 2 pdb databases that are already in Linux
> > desktop with use of ColdSync ?
>
>sync which way? put the data you have on the palm or update the pdbs you
>have with new data from the palm?
>
> > 2. Or I must write sophisticated Perl program with use P5-Palm ?
>
>sophisticated? have you seen the perl we've been coding? :)
>seriously tho, that depends on the answer to question 1.
>
>m.

1. For example (for one Palm user):
Every day at end-of-day Palm user makes backup to the server his pdb.
At the night server makes another pdb from external sources (server
database, etc.).
I want at the night to merge this two pdbs to one on server and on
the next day morning Palm user needs only restore merged pdb to his Palm.
*)Note. "merge", of course, may be simple or sophisticated.
2. For me every additional script is "sophisticated" if already exists
ready-to-run (and tested!) script with the same functions ;)

Best regards,
Vladimir