Re: [coldsync-hackers] Double snapshot announcement: 1.5.5, 1.6.0

On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 03:11:07PM -0500, Andrew Arensburger wrote to To coldsync-hackers@lusars.net:
:-) On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Don Duck Harper wrote:
:-) > Well, both compile just fine for me, but I cannot get them to run.  I
:-) > get multiple 'ACK Timeout. Attempting to resend', then the pilot times
:-) > out, and I get an error message about the pilot being empty.
:-)
:-) 	Try this morning's 1.6.0 snapshot. I think I fixed that. Don't ask
:-) me what the fix was, though. I was still on my first cup of coffee.

Well, it no longer complains about it being a blank pilot, but still no
work.  Sample from the non-verbose run:

         ringnecked:duck ~/src/pilot> coldsync
         Please press the HotSync button.
         ACK Timeout. Attempting to resend
         ACK Timeout. Attempting to resend
         ACK Timeout. Attempting to resend
         ACK Timeout. Attempting to resend
         ACK Timeout. Attempting to resend
         ACK Timeout. Attempting to resend
         ACK Timeout. Attempting to resend
         ACK Timeout. Attempting to resend
         ACK Timeout. Attempting to resend
         ACK Timeout. Attempting to resend
         Can't get system info
         ACK Timeout. Attempting to resend
         ACK Timeout. Attempting to resend
         ACK Timeout. Attempting to resend
         ACK Timeout. Attempting to resend
         ACK Timeout. Attempting to resend
         ACK Timeout. Attempting to resend
         ACK Timeout. Attempting to resend
         ACK Timeout. Attempting to resend
         ACK Timeout. Attempting to resend
         ACK Timeout. Attempting to resend
         Can't get user info
         ACK Timeout. Attempting to resend
         ACK Timeout. Attempting to resend

:-) > There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a
:-) > suitable application of high explosives.
:-)
:-) 	So why didn't you try that first? :-)

The wife would get mad if I messed up the office. :)

BTW- serial sync to a AMD K6II 450, running RH 7.0, unpatched.

Don

--
Don Harper, RHCE, MCSE                          email: duck@duckland.org
Just a systems kinda guy...                      http://www.duckland.org

A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.