Re: [coldsync-hackers] Handspring visor and Linux part 2

> If you don't have any other usb-serial devices plugged into your
> machine, then /dev/ttyUSB1 should be the proper node (note the initial
> '/' which your .coldsyncrc file doesn't have.)  The nodes are numbered
> logically in the order which the OS sees them.  Check your system log
> for what device is assigned what number.

oops, duh!  Ok, I added that.

> > Also, when I try to connect I get the following error message:
> > [sleepylight@jive-turkey ~]$ /usr/local/bin/coldsync
> > new_PConnection: unknown listen type 3
> > Error: can't open connection.
> >
> > What does this mean?  Also, do I have to push the hotsync button before
> > running coldsync, or can I start coldsync then push the button?
>
> Push the hotsync button first, wait 1-2 seconds, and then start
> coldsync.  If you are running 'tail -f /var/log/messages' in a console
> window, you can see the device connect properly before running coldsync.

Ok, no further sucess; I still have the same error message.  I tried the
tail thingy but I didn't get any output to the console.  Any other
sugestions.?

Maxwell (SleepyLight) Bottiger
Theatre and Computer Science Undergrad at UMBC
       (o_   (o_
  (o_  //\   //\   He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file
  (/)_ V_/_  V_/_  has already earned my contempt.  He has been given a large
	  brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice
 						- Albert Einstein