Re: [coldsync-hackers] MacOS X Build

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Jeremy LaCivita wrote:
> I just subscribed to the list, hoping to find out if there is anyone
> who might have insights about getting coldsync up and running on MacOS
> X, which is supposedly BSD compliant.

        You're the first, as far as I know, so please let us know how it
goes.
        The source code tries to be portable, but the rest of it
(configure script, Makefiles) pretty much assume that you're using Unix. I
don't know how much Unix there is in MacOS X. If it's a full-fledged BSD
installation with a Mac GUI, you should be okay. If it's just a BSD kernel
with everything else taken from MacOS, you'll have to rewrite the
Makefiles.

--
Andrew Arensburger                      This message *does* represent the
arensb@ooblick.com			views of ooblick.com