Re: [coldsync-hackers] Newbie question: p5-palm and Yahoo AddressBook

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Per Reedtz Thomsen wrote:
> Andrew Arensburger wrote:
> > On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Per Reedtz Thomsen wrote
> >> So far it seems that the file from Yahoo is fraught with problems.
> >
> > 	Hm. Sounds as if it's not a Palm database.
>
> Well, Yahoo claims that it is...

	Perhaps it's in some format intended to be used by HotSync.
What you sent previously definitely does not look like a PDB (or PRC)
file.

> I might follow the advice I got from Erik, and use the CSV file export
> from Yahoo instead... I'd like to use this file, though...

	Then you'll need to get documentation either from Yahoo! or
Palm about the file format.
	It's also possible that Palm doesn't know the format of this
file: when I asked them about the format of archive files, they said
that they were serialized Visual-<something> objects, so Palm
themselves didn't know the detailed file format.

--
Andrew Arensburger                      This message *does* represent the
arensb@ooblick.com			views of ooblick.com