[coldsync-hackers] Newbie question: p5-palm and Yahoo Address Book

Hi,
I have just joined the list, and was not able to find an answer to my
question in the archive.

I am doing experiments that will lead to a conduit to the Yahoo
addressbook, and I'm having trouble.

The test case looks as follows:

#!/usr/bin/perl

use Palm::Address();
use Palm::PDB;
use Palm::Raw;
use Palm::StdAppInfo;

$yab = new Palm::Address();
print "Creator: ", $yab->{creator}, "\n";
print "Type: ", $yab->{type}, "\n";

$yab->Load("/usr/home/pthomsen/ysync/Address/Yahoo_ab-n.aba");

exit 0;

When I run it, I get the following result:

newton:~/ysync/Address [58] load-yab.pl
Creator: addr
Type: DATA
No handler defined for creator "addr", type "DATA"
newton:~/ysync/Address [59]

So far it seems that the file from Yahoo is fraught with problems. There
are are no readable 'creator' and 'type' fields in the file (I edited
the file to contain 'addr' and 'DATA'), and the attributes (from PDB.pm)
field seems to indicate that the file is a resource and not a database.

After short circuiting PDB.pm (assigning the
$self->{attributes}{resource} to 0), the file can be read, but there are
complaints about the offset of the records:

Record 28 has same offset as previous one: 16778496
Record 30 has same offset as previous one: 83887360
Record 31 has same offset as previous one: 83887360
Record 37 has same offset as previous one: 0

Has anyone tried to read the Yahoo_ab-n.aba file that Yahoo exports with
p5-palm? I haven't tried to contact Yahoo yet about this.

BTW, I'm using p5-palm 1.2.2.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Per