[coldsync-hackers] handling deletes in a conduit

hi coldsync-hackers ... I have a question about the right way to do
something:

I have written a dump conduit for WebCalendar (a GPL Web calendaring
system).  When invoked by ColdSync it downloads the user's calendar
entries from WebCalendar, and compares against the Palm datebook database.
If any differ, then WebCalendar is updated to reflect the changes from the
Palm.

This works fine except for deletes.  If you delete a datebook entry on the
Palm, the dump conduit never sees it, so it doesn't know to delete it from
WebCalendar.

From looking at ColdSync, it seems that to be responsive to deletes, I
should use a sync conduit.  However I don't want to replace the
functionality of GenericConduit.cc ... I want this to be run to keep the
desktop database in sync with the Palm.

So maybe I should derive a new class from GenericConduit for this purpose?
Or perhaps my sync conduit should run in addition to GenericConduit?
Or maybe I can handle deletes without using a sync conduit.

Any advice would be appreciated!

thanks,

	Jonathan

p.s.  going forward, I would also like to write a fetch conduit and
      support true 2-way sync.