Re: [coldsync-hackers] categories in p5-Palm

On 31 Aug 2000, Bobby de Vos wrote:
> It works great, except all the entries are in
> the "Unfiled" category. So...
>
> How do I create a category in the appinfo field?

	Wait until I release p5-Palm 1.2.x (or allow it to escape :-) ),
then:

	my $pdb = new Palm::Address;
	my $categories = $pdb->{appinfo}{categories};

	# manipulate @{$categories} to your heart's content.

> How do I assign a category to a record?
> How do I print the category for a record so I can check the operation?

Each record should contain a field giving its category index:

	my $record = $pdb->{records}[0];
	$record->{category};		# Or something like this. I don't
					# have the source with me right
					# now.

$record->{category} is an index into @{$pdb->{appinfo}{categories}}.

	The main reason I haven't uploaded p5-Palm v1.2 yet is that while
the essential functionality is there, I haven't added convenience
functions for adding, deleting, and renaming categories.
	If you're impatient, let me know and I'll upload what I have so
far.

--
Andrew Arensburger                      Actually, these _do_ represent the
arensb@ooblick.com                      opinions of ooblick.com!